WOODSON WATER ASSOCIATION
The annual meeting of the Woodson Water Association will be held at the Sloderbeck Home in Woodson on Thursday, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of electing officers, approving a budget and transaction of other business as may come before the meeting.
Wendy Cope, President
David Reiben, Directors
Rainier City Council
WORK MEETING NOTICE
Rainier City Council will meet Tuesday Sept. 3, 2013, 6:00 p.m. at 106 West B Street, Rainier Ore.
Agenda Items include:
Rainier City Council
REGULAR MEETING NOTICE
Rainier City Council will meet Tuesday Sept. 3, 2013, 7:00 p.m. at 106 West B Street, Rainier Ore.
Agenda Items include:
Approve August 19, 2013 Regular Meeting Minutes
Highway 30/’B’ Street Update
Street Improvement Update
Third Read of Ordinance #1059 regarding City of Rainier Dry RV Camp Rules
Third Read of Ordinance #1060 regarding Regulation Allowing Chickens Within City Limits
Adopt Ordinance #1059 regarding City of Rainier Dry RV Camp Rules
Adopt Ordinance #1060 regarding Regulation Allowing Chickens Within City Limits
Approve Agreement with Althof Contracting for Road Improvement On 010 Road.
Clatskanie City Council MEETING NOTICE
The Clatskanie City Council will meet for a regular meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 95 S. Nehalem Streets.
Agenda items may include, but are not limited to the following: Approval of the minutes of the Aug. 7 regular meeting and appointment of new enterprise zone manager.
Immediately following the regular meeting, the Council will convene into Executive Session per ORS 192.660 (2) (h) To consult with counsel concerning the legal rights and duties of a public body with regard to current litigation or litigation likely to be filed. 8-29-c.
Port of St. Helens
BEFORE THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS FOR COLUMBIA COUNTY, OREGON
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
In the Matter of an Application by the Port of St. Helens for a Comprehensive Plan Amendment, Zone Change and Goal 2 Exceptions to Statewide Planning Goals 3 and 4 to Change the Zoning of 957 Acres from Primary Agriculture (PA-80) to Rural Industrial (RIPD) to Allow for the Expansion of Industrial Land at Port Westward (PA 13-02; ZC 13-01)
1. The Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, September 18, 2013, at or after 6:30 p.m. at the Clatskanie High School, 471 SW BelAir Drive, Clatskanie, Oregon.
2. The purpose of the hearing is to consider the application by the Port of St. Helens for a Comprehensive Plan Amendment, Zone Change and Goal 2 Exceptions to Statewide Planning Goals 3 and 4 to expand the Port Westward Industrial site by approximately 957 acres to facilitate and attract large scale industrial uses and related businesses. Specifically, approval of the application will result in the following:
• The Comprehensive Plan Amendment will: (1) amend the text of the Comprehensive Plan, Part XII, Industrial Siting, to include the 957-acre Port Westward Expansion Area; and (2) amend the Comprehensive Plan Map to change the designation of the subject property from Agriculture to Industrial.
•The Zone Change will change the zoning of the property from Primary Agriculture – 80 Acres (PA-80) to Rural Industrial – Planning Development (RIPD).
•Because industrial use of the agriculturally designated subject property is prohibited by Statewide Planning Goal 3, which provides for the preservation of agricultural lands, a Goal 2 Exception to Statewide Planning Goal 3 is required to change the property’s agricultural designation. The applicant has thus requested a Reasons Exception pursuant to ORS 197.732(2) to justify why the policies in Goal 3 should not apply to the subject property.
•Furthermore, in response to testimony at the Planning Commission hearing that a Goal 2 Exception to Statewide Planning Goal 4 was also necessary because the subject property contains forested lands, the applicant has also requested a Reasons Exception to justify why the policies in Goal 4, which provide for the preservation of forest lands, should not apply.
3. The subject property is approximately 957 acres and is located at the Port Westward Industrial Site in Clatskanie, Oregon. It is identified in the County Assessor’s records as Tax Map Nos. 8N4W1600500; 8N4W2000100, 200, 300; 8N4W2100300, 301, 400, 500, 600; 8N4W2200400, 500, 600, 700; 8N4W2300900; 8N4W23B0400, 500, 600, 700; and 8N4W2900100.
4. Copies of the application and proposal are located in the Land Development Services Department. Additional information about this application may be obtained from Glen Higgins at (503) 397-1501.
5. This is a public hearing. Interested parties may appear and be heard. Columbia County does not discriminate on the basis of disability and will provide reasonable accommodations in accorance with the County’s ADA Policy. To request accommodations or to review the County’s ADA Policy, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s Office at (503) 397-4322.
6. The hearing will be held according to the procedures established in the Columbia County Zoning Ordinance and ORS 197.763.
Dated this 21st day of August, 2013.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS FOR COLUMBIA COUNTY, OREGON.
By: Henry Heimuller, Chair